Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all delegates attending the Africa World Model United Nations (AWMUN), which will be held in Cairo, Egypt in December 2021.
The information within this site is intended for general customers and may not be applicable to some geographical areas. AWMUN will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that the contents of this site are accurate and up to date. However, AWMUN reserves the right to change information at any time.
1. To be eligible to attend AWMUN, Participants must be 17 or over at the time of registration.
2. You must send to Africa World Model United Nations (AWMUN) your details as you will be attending the conference by means of a completing the online registration at https://africaworldmun.org/register.
3. Please check the accuracy of the information you provide on your application form carefully, including any dietary or special access requirements, as AWMUN cannot be held responsible for errors.
4. AWMUN will not be responsible for any action taken by the government or public authority of any kind including not granting consent or clearance of attendance.
5. Delegates are responsible for ensuring their own safety and security whilst spending time in the host city. AWMUN disclaims any liability for loss or damage to delegates or their property, including bodily injury, unless solely attributable to the gross negligence of willful misconduct of Africa World Model United Nations.
6. Delegates can only participate by adhering to the deadlines on registrations, be it as an individual delegate or as a delegation.
- AWMUN Registrations shall only be conducted through the official website of Africa World Model United Nations (AWMUN).
- Upon registration, the delegates will have to fill all the required information, including the council preferences and country preferences as listed in the registration form.
- Applications will be considered on the following criteria:
- The maximum capacity of each council
- The availability/ vacancy of preferred countries in each council
- AWMUN registrants will have the option to choose from Non-Accommodation, Accommodation and Full Experience packages.
- The registration will be conducted in three different categories, which are as follows:
- Early bird Registration
- Regular Registration
- Late Registration.
Each category will have different quotations (fee) for each package. There will be no extension on registration deadline. In case of any changes, delegates will be notified through AWMUN’s social media platforms. Delegates must write to AWMUN if they need visa support document at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the copyright, graphics, trademarks, design rights (whether registerable or otherwise), as well as any and all other intellectual property rights including the “Look and Feel” of the website, software and contents of all the pages in the Africa World MUN website (“AWMUN Content”) are owned by or licensed to the Africa World Model United Nations (AWMUN) and, unless otherwise specified, no one other than the rightful owner or licensee of such copyright shall be entitled to:
– Distribute, modify, transmit, re-post or use any or all of the AWMUN Content for any purpose (other than as specifically permitted) including, by way of example only, for public or commercial purposes, without the AWMUN’s written permission
– Display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the AWMUN Content for the benefit of any other website
– You may print off one copy of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference.
- All Payments shall be done through our official website i.e www.africaworldmun.org
- Payments can be made through Credit/Debit Card, PayPal or International Wire Transfer.
- All fee is non-refundable.
- All successful applicants will be issued a Letter of Acceptance from Africa World Model United Nations (AWMUN) highlighting the status of their application.
- Based on their request in the registration phase, successful applicants who require the visa support, will be issued a Visa Support Letter from AWMUN.
- AWMUN will not issue refunds to delegates who are unable to secure a visa.
- AWMUN will provide maximum assistance to the delegates having problems pertaining to visa application. AWMUN, however, cannot interfere with the the issuing State in their final decision.
Code of Conduct
- Registrants hereby certify by completing the registration process that all information submitted is truthful and accurate. The registrant understands that falsification of any information provided will disqualify him or her from participating in AWMUN and future AWMUN activities, and will result in legal actions against them.
- Participants agree that all material produced for this conference will be original work. Plagiarism will not be tolerated at AWMUN and should the AWMUN Secretariat discover instances of plagiarism, the individual shall bear consequences.
- Participants are expected and obliged to obey the laws of Cairo, Egypt while participating at Africa World MUN. Participants will be personally responsible for all charges and damages incurred by them to facilities of the conference and social event venues.
- Participants understand full assumption of risk and acknowledge that AWMUN, and its President, Members, Officers, Elected Representatives and Employees, including the AWMUN Secretariat, do not assume any responsibility for the conduct and activities of the participants.
- Participants agree to accept and abide by the Code of Conduct published in the Conference Handbook and decided by the AWMUN Secretariat.
- Participants agree to receive any consequence and shall be held liable if he/ she, intentionally or unintentionally use the name of AWMUN for any kind of act which badly affects the conference as a whole or to any delegate of AWMUN
- AWMUN cannot be held responsible for any kind of misconduct or crime committed by the participants. Participants themselves will be held liable for their own misconducts or crimes in light of Egyptian Laws.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The United States Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to a visit to this website. United States Laws shall apply to these terms and conditions.